|Yessir, Texas football is back!|
So now our weekly take on last week and this week, in five bullets:
1) Clemson and Georgia continue to assault Vegas and the rankings. They do nothing but win by a lot of points.
2) The Big 12 never gets national respect, because when a team like Iowa State beats Oklahoma, nobody considers it something like a Michigan State over Michigan where both teams are good. Let me tell you, the Big 12 is a deep conference.
3) The Pac 12 continues to play their biggest marquee games really late and the feeling that they may be passed over for a second team east of the Mississippi is palpable. Meanwhile the Apple Cup is shaping up to be huge.
4) Not seeing a lot of upset potential this week. Which pretty much means it will be Upset Saturday.
5) I get the fun of talking about the college football playoff and potential seeding, slights, conference representation, etc. because it's fun. But really, it's so meaningless at this point. Nobody in the NFL is sitting there saying "well Kansas City will be the 1 seed and Jacksonville the 2, so they'll probably play New England, etc." Because really, so much football left. Sit back and enjoy!
|Take me to Vegas, baby, I'm red hot!|
Our two analysts are J.R. Ewing, Texas Longhorns fan and general loud mouth. And we feature big time Georgia Bulldog fan Bulldog Babe (BDB) (@bulldogbabexo) as a guest expert.
JR: 4-2 S/U, 5-1 ATS
BDB: 5-1 S/U, 6-0 ATS
Season to date:
JR: 18-12 S/U, 17-13 ATS
BDB: 20-10 S/U, 21-9 ATS
Easier to say games missed. Both JR and BDB had Michigan State covering but not winning. BDB had Washington State plus cover, JR had an Oregon upset. On this alone, once again she schools the master.
Spreads are from a great pick site, Capped Sports
Game 1: Auburn (-6.5) at Louisiana State (3:30 p.m. EDT)
Auburn's only blemish is a loss to top ranked Clemson. LSU is still finding their identity. Even though this game is at the Swamp, Auburn wins a back yard brawl. Better coached and more confident.
Auburn 24, LSU 17
Last year’s matchup between these two teams came with a lot of drama. This year won’t be any different, considering the SEC West competition this season. Auburn is a favorite at the midway point of the season, and LSU has had an up and down year. I think Auburn continues their momentum and they win this weekend.Auburn 37, LSU 20
Tough game to pick, Texas has played a lot better since an initial loss to Maryland. Oklahoma coming off a shocking home loss. They just didn't look like themselves. The game features two first year coaches in what could be a decade or more rivalry between the two. Oklahoma gets round one, they have more polished talent. Texas takes over the series in a couple of years, just not yet.
Oklahoma 35, Texas 24
Texas and Oklahoma is a great matchup, with both teams having their own strengths. Oklahoma was upset by Iowa State last week and Texas had a crazy win in double overtime against Kansas State, so they have their own storylines from the previous week. I think Oklahoma will take this practice week to recover and fix their problems. They will bounce back and take the win this weekend, but it will be close.
Oklahoma 30, Texas 24
Yes, this is a lopsided matchup. I've been riding Georgia and the cover all year, but this is just so many points. Georgia wins it easily, but they probably ease off the gas enough to let Missouri cover.
Georgia 35, Missouri 10
Another year, another late October matchup for the two SEC East teams. Georgia is playing lights out right now, starting out 6-0 for the first time since 2005 and Missouri having a not so great fun so far this season and in SEC East competition. I don’t think this will be much of a competition, but as Coach Kirby says, humility is a week away so anything can happen. I think Georgia will have another dominating win and go into the bye week with a lot of momentum
Georgia 45, Missouri 7
Game 4: Ohio State (-24) at Nebraska (7:30 p.m. EDT)
This is the dream matchup that the Big 10 envisioned when they pilfered Nebraska from the Big 10. But this ain't your old Big 12 Nebraska. Coach on the hot seat and Ohio State is in the mode of impressing pollsters. This is a romp in Lincoln for the Buckeyes.
Ohio State 49, Nebraska 10
I think this is a great matchup. Nebraska is coming off a bad loss to Wisconsin and Ohio State had a blowout win against Maryland. Looking at last week’s game for Nebraska, I don’t think they have the mojo to keep up with Ohio State. Ohio State wins in dominating fashion.
Ohio State 52, Nebraska 21
Game 5: Oregon (+11) at Stanford (11:00 p.m. EDT)
Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Not so Oregon. Still trying to rebuild, they're not there yet. Stanford usually wins this matchup physically and that continues in Palo Alto. They outman the Ducks and take this one easily.
Stanford 31, Oregon 14
Oregon vs. Stanford is a great matchup. While both teams are great, one has more strengths than the other. Stanford so far has had a great year and I think they continue that.
Stanford 30, Oregon 20
Enjoy fall and enjoy your football weekend America!
- JR and BDB
Post a Comment